3.03.2009

Dear sweet baby Jesus...

...and any other wedding gods that make wedding dreams come true....

THEY'RE HERE.

The dresses.

No, no, not mine.

The girls'. The long awaited bridesmaids dresses in the color that I never thought would appear.

Let me explain.  I have spent infinitely more time looking for their dresses than my own. Let me be clear.... I have NEVER been to a bridal salon for myself.  But I have been to 3 or 4 stores and countless sites looking for the girls.   I was convinced that I would never find them.

... and of course, they are from my love, J. Crew.



Spiced Wine is the color. I am sure that I am not the only bride who is thanking her lucky stars that these dresses are here.  There are maybe 8 styles in all in this color, so this will fit all my girls' body types (from 14 years old and teeny to my curvacious dearest friends).

I've got the okay from all of my girls, and since several of my girls are students, they can claim the 15% discount that J. Crew offers.  And there's a new J. Crew in Mississippi, so the girls can get it shipped to the store and save on shipping.

And they will all be able to pick out their own gold shiny shoes (I think the ones below from J. Crew are perfect) and jewelry.




The dresses range from about $180 to $300 which isn't too, too exorbitant, and they're all silk or cotton and not the nasty fake satin. And let's be honest, I would definitely wear these dresses again.  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment