2.07.2009

How I picked my wedding colors.

There is one obvious choice for the wedding color of an environmentally-conscious wedding.

I am not even going to say it.




{palette via pantone}


.... But how do you pick?!



A September wedding is kind of a tricky spot.  The 12th is still technically summer (and certainly HOT), but September makes us think of fall.  I started out thinking about an earthy palette with leafy greens and rustic wood browns.  But when I told this to my bridesmaid Kate, she insisted that everyone was putting their bridesmaids in brown (this appeared to be true), and that I had to pick something else.

Kate turned out to be right.  Mark and his men will have grey suits (more on that later), and brown dresses + gray suits = uggggalksdjfa;lkjsfen.  It seemed more construction work than earthy at that point.  So back to the drawing board.

My next inspiration came from the only flowers that I know will be blooming at the time: zinnias and roses.  I know I can get all shades of pink and orange and red, so that is what I will have.  Can they all be my "colors"?!

 {all pictures via flickr}

So I haven't really settled on another color to pair with green, but I'm just going to leave my options open to any (or all) of these gorgeous hues.

Our reception site will  basically be a blank palette, so I can make it what I want. I'll post pictures next time!


How about this for a palette- fern, apple, plum, and marigold?

No comments:

Post a Comment