2.12.2009

Thoughts on bridesmaids

My girls would revolt on me if I put them in green.


Oh, how I wish I could!  Why do bridesmaid dressmakers REFUSE to put out a nice beautiful green color in a non-nasty fabric.

Well, let's be clear.  Simple Silhouettes does.  They make a fantastic leaf color in real silk, and I LOVE the varieties of dresses they have.  

I really want the girls to be able to pick their own style of dress if possible, because it's just unfair for brides to pick dresses that their maids hate.  (Brides, please take note- your girls WILL resent you for choosing fake satin fabric, even if it costs less.  They will, even if they say they don't).  Now my girls are the type who WOULD say they hate a dress (and this is why I love them), so I'd like to avoid that at all costs.

So I'm going for plum, or raspberry, or wine.  A color that would look good on everyone.   These are the best I've found so far from Alfred Sung of the Dessy Group:




The feedback I've gotten from the girls is pretty good.  They like the dresses that have pockets.  I'm going to Moms, Maids, and More tomorrow to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment