2.03.2009

Location, Location, Location

Admittedly, I have been engaged for 9 months, and so this blog is not going to be full of all the crazy ideas I have had during that time. I'm going to try to talk about the more sensible ideas I had, in hopes of helping other Deep South brides who har having a hard time planning green and on a budget.

The first thing to figure out?

Where to hold the wedding and reception.


Now, Mark and I threw out several ideas- Getting married in Seattle, having a destination wedding somewhere tropical, having a destination wedding closer to home (New Orleans), and just having it at home. From an environmental standpoint, the best thing for us to do was go to the place that was the closest to the guests. This means beautiful Mississippi.

For me, this was great. I had always known that I wanted to get married here:
Galloway United Methodist Church in downtown Jackson (and photo by the fantastic Adam Hudson). It is the church of my childhood and youth, right next to the gorgeous State Capitol.

My jaw dropped when I found out how much it cost for a member to get married here. $1100!! Granted, this includes the coordinator, organist, security, and clean-up, but YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. There was no way for us to afford this, and I was sure I was going to have to have the wedding and reception in the same place.

But, because they're good like that, my future family-in-law offered to pay for the Galloway expenses, and so it will be galloway.

No comments:

Post a Comment